What Are Cookies
The Cookies We Set
- _RequestVerificationToken: This is an anti-forgery cookie set by web applications built using ASP.NET MVC technologies. It is designed to stop unauthorised posting of content to a website, known as Cross-Site Request Forgery. It holds no information about the user and is destroyed on closing the browser. Expiration is 24 hours.
- UMBPOLL: This cookie is used to store your voting record for the poll we used on the website. Expiration is 365 hours.
- UMB-XSRF-TOKEN, UMB-XSRF-V, UMB_UCONTEXT_C, UMB_UPDCHK: These are backend specific cookies. They are only seen by site administrators accessing the back end of the website. They are used in maintaining the session state of the logged in user. Expiration is 24 hours.
Third Party Cookies
Cookies may also be used by trusted third party services used on or by this website. These third party services and cookies include:
- _ga: This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. By default it is set to expire after 2 years.
- _gaexp: Used to determine a user's inclusion in an experiment and the expiry of experiments a user has been included in.
- _gat: According to documentation it is used to throttle the request rate - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes.
- _gid: This stores and update a unique value for each page visited.
* Google Analytics may add other cookies to this website.
You may refuse to accept cookies by changing the settings of your Internet browser. If you do not want cookies to be placed on your device, you can control this through your browser’s settings.
This document will be updated when improved information becomes available.